- Microsoft’s Adaptive Controller Aims to Bring Video Games to Everyone
- Three of E3’s Hidden Indie Gems that Shouldn’t Get Lost in the Noise
- ‘Destiny 2’: Forsaken Story Doesn’t Take Many Risks, Even With New Weapon Type
- ‘The Sims 4: Seasons’ Expansion Offers a Lot of What You’d Expect, and Some That You Wouldn’t
I helped lead a team of 14 reporters to find the timeliest, most shareable news for our 46 million readers. I edited, assigned, scheduled and assisted in managing the largest vertical at Mashable. I also work with MashReads, and have co-hosted a weekly podcast with thousands of listeners for over 100 episodes. I ran the internship program, responsible for hiring, training, and managing over 30 young writers. Additionally, I co-produced and co-hosted a number of editorial and entertainment videos dealing with every topic from Game of Thrones to science.
- Getting clean online: The growing online communities giving hope amid an opioid crisis
- Meme la France: Global boundaries don't matter to alt-right memes or their makers
- A woman went 'missing' at E3 and when the internet tried to find her, all hell broke loose
- 'Black Mirror's 'Hang the DJ' really doesn't understand modern dating
- Someone had a seizure while playing multiplayer VR and no one knew what to do
- Without stakes, 'Game of thrones' just isn't really good anymore
- Stop acting like you don't know your Tinder date's last name
- Refugees made a striking flag for their Olympic team in Rio
- Your Election Day guide to recreational marijuana
- Trump could very well become 'Mr. Brexit'
- Where are all the Valyrian steel swords in 'Game of Thrones'?
I ran The Daily What, covering hyper-timely pop culture happenings and reporting on video game news. I averaged over 40 articles a week including breaking news, listicles, long form pieces and everything in between.
- iPhone 6S #Chipgate
- Mother finds a slave figurine in her son's pirate play set
- Edmonton pulls together to fulfill SpiderMaple's wish
- Liquid water on Mars, y'all
- Happy Birthday copyright lifted, freeing an exhausted nation from terrible restaurant imitations
- Martin Shkreli buys life-saving AIDS drug and lifts the price by 5000 percent
I freelance for the local news resource for Capitol Hill, Seattle. It covers one of the most vibrant and changing neighborhoods in the city, where I have written about enterprise, profiled notable residents, covered the rich art scene and explored the changing nature of a passionate area.
I ran the blog at a marketing firm specializing in attracting new marijuana businesses in the face of Washington's legalization. I covered the changing business landscape and aspects of the burgeoning economic force that brands could use in their advertising pursuits.
- Unmasking marijuana customers (ghostwritten)
- Signs of High Times: Rules for Marijuana Stores Signage
- Ad-Wise: Know the Rules for Marijuana Marketing & Advertising
- Forget Edibles, Drinkables are the New Hot Product
- Marijuana Advertising: Growing New Roots from a Muddy Past
- Marijuana Producers: Keep the Cannabis Carbon Footprint Low
I worked as the government and breaking news reporter, where I covered the swiftly growing city of Issaquah. With a population tripling over the past 15 years, I wrote about their growing pains and triumphs as a small city grew up.
- City accused of cybersquatting
- Legislators talk schools, transportation at town hall
- War over waterworks
- Local startup turns tech award into college access
- And my four-part, award-winning series: